On Nov 28, 2007, at 8:29 AM, Christian von Kleist wrote:

> I don't use GVim because it doesn't work inside screen, but yes, Vim
> and GVim both do tabs.  Try `:help tab-page-intro` to get an overview.
>
> The basic commands are:
>
> :tabnew -> open a new tab
> :tabedit index.rhtml (or :tabe index.rhtml) -> open file index.rhtml
> in a new tab
> :tabclose (or :tabc) -> close current tab
> :tabmove 4 (or :tabm 4) -> move current tab after tab 4
>
> gt (or :tabnext) -> next tab
> gT (or :tabprevious) -> previous tab
> 4gt -> go to tab 4
>
> The excellent and indispensable rails.vim plugin has some nice tab
> support features.
>
> I'm not sure if OS X Vim has tab support by default...

well i'll be...

very cool!

that's the other great thing about vim - it takes a lifetime to learn
it all.

'gT' is pretty dang awkward for flipping though - i think i might map
'tn' (tabnext) and 'tp' (tabprevious)

otherwise this might be my new favorite vim feature.

cheers.

a @ http://codeforpeople.com/
better. simply reflect on that.
h.h. the 14th dalai lama