Gordon, Dir['//servername/share/directory/*'] is what I had been using
previously, I just inadvertently left off the '//' in my previous
post. Anyway, that format is correct. Your advice is also how I would
approach updating Ruby. However, my boss has decided to wait on
updating since we don't necessarily need to at this time.

Terry, I appreciate the help with FTP, but FTP, or something like it,
is more than I need. The program just needs to show the files in the
directory, not actually allow someone to do anything (no getting the
files, no adding new files). That problem is now solved.

Botp, that is more the format I needed, just a simpler version.

Thanks to everyone who posted and offered advice. I appreciate all
your help. I am considering the problem solved and the thread closed,
unless someone has additional advice for updating Ruby versions.