On Nov 28, 2007 3:55 PM, Antonio Cangiano <acangiano / gmail.com> wrote:
> I ran a micro-benchmark with Ruby 1.8.6, Ruby 1.9 and Python 2.5.1,
> and was stunned by Ruby 1.9's improvements. Incidentally for my
> particular test (which is a silly one...), Ruby was more than twice as
> fast as Python!
>
> http://antoniocangiano.com/2007/11/28/holy-shmoly-ruby-19-smokes-python-away/
>
> We can't say for sure yet, but chances are that Ruby 1.9 is going to
> be faster than CPython in most situations, which would be a great
> accomplishment and step forward for the Ruby community. It's not a
> competition, but a speed boost of this caliber is super welcomed. :-)

As pointed numerous times on this list, this is perhaps because of
special changes that has went into
Ruby 1.9 for fixed point mathematics ( or integer math as charles tells us )

However, other benchmarks on programming shootout website still show
even Ruby1.9 slower than Python.....

But anyway..we never were mad about performance right?

own coals.

http://gnufied.org