that has been posted to comp.lang.ruby as well.

"NAKAMURA, Hiroshi" <nakahiro / sarion.co.jp> writes:

> rd should be universal, so RDtools should be packed with a Ruby
> package.  install? install-app? install_doc?

Exactly. Every package should install the same way:

   ruby Makefile.RB
   make
   make test
   make install

For normal packages (as opposed to the interpreter) the 'make install'
should install everything - including a standard set of documentation
(site_ruby/doc, perhaps). Once installed,

  rubydoc ModuleName

will give you the documentation.

> AND, we Japanese should try to English-language documentation if we
> hope Ruby universal.

I think we English speaking users already owe you guys a debt for
writing the code in the first place. I'm sure that most of us wish we
could speak or write Japanese one tenth as well as you all use
English.

Perhaps what we need is a way for people to be able to contribute to
the documentation of modules. If a native English speaker uses a
module, and benefits from using it, then perhaps they could do their
share by working on that module's documentation.

Dave