On 26 nov, 14:44, Jari Williamsson
<jari.williams... / mailbox.swipnet.se> wrote:
> Danny Hiemstra wrote:
> > Is there a way to detect if a specified program e.g. firefox.exe is
> > active / on top?
>
> One way is to use the GetForegroundWindow() Windows API. In case the
> user is in a dialog window, you might need to step back through the
> ownership chain to get the real main window. Then check the window class
> name for the application's main window, often that gives away the
> application.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Jari Williamsson

Thank you very much, this seems to work:
Win32API.new("user32","GetForegroundWindow",[],"N").call

The only problem I have now is that the above example returns an
integer of a pointer / program id?
Now I have searched on google for an half an hour but I cannot find
out how to get the name of the process returned by the Win32API.

Thanks in advance