Karel Minar(?k wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> the attendees of the European Ruby Conference 2007 have almost
> universally agreed, that the next year the conference should take place
> in Prague, Czech Republic
> (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=prague+czech+republic&z=4).

I'm sorry to hear that.  I was hoping for another stint in Germany or
Austria.

Oh well.  Maybe 2009.

> While no substantial opinion has been voiced in contrary :), the plans
> here in Prague have already been set in motion.

Add me to the voices in the contrary.  :)

> The local Ruby/Rails is in contact with the organizers of the last
> EURUKO and is currently discussing these issues:
>
> * Possible venue. Most probably some university space in the city center
> * WiFi access is a must :)
> * Term. The best term could be May/June, but the conference should
> definitely not clash with RailsConf (29. 5.) or other important event.

BTW, at RubyConf 2007, Michael Neumann asked matz about attending EuRuKo.

Basically, matz seemed up for it, if it wasn't scheduled too close to
another travel arrangement (e.g, RubyConf 2008).

--
James Britt

www.rubyaz.org               - Hacking in the Desert
www.risingtidesoftware.com   - Wicked Cool Coding