Ge Bro wrote:
>> Great, so with everyone's help this is what I ended up doing in the end:
>>
>> foo = [1foo, 2foo, 3foo]
>> bar = [abar, bbar]
>>
>> ['foo', 'bar'].each do |this_array|

Just a thought:  Are you under the impression that if you specify a
variable named this_array and then your code assigns a value to that
variable that the value will be converted into an array?  Because that
is not correct.  The variable this_array is going to have the strings
'foo' and 'bar' assigned to it.  So this_array might more properly be
named my_string, which would make your code less confusing to read, and
might solve some of your coding problems.