2007/11/24, Jari Williamsson <jari.williamsson / mailbox.swipnet.se>:
> Phrogz wrote:
> > On Nov 23, 2:26 pm, Jari Williamsson
> > <jari.williams... / mailbox.swipnet.se> wrote:
> >> In REXML, is it possible to add raw tags to element text, without having
> >> to add elements for those tags?
> >> (I would like to add a few HTML tags like <b></b> to strings, before I
> >> know what element nodes they will appear at.)
> >
> > Are you wanting to ad XML elements as children of another without
> > using the DOM to create them (like setting .innerHTML in a web
> > browser, causing it to parse your string and create elements as
> > necessary),
>
> Yes, this is what I want.

I believe you can do it (i.e. add raw tags to text) BUT they will not
show up as tags when output.  Which is completely logical once you
think about it.  If you work with a DOM you have to add nodes as
nodes.  Maybe you can just create a small sub tree with a <b> node and
your text as nested text and later put that <b> node into the tree.

Kind regards

robert