On Nov 23, 2:26 pm, Jari Williamsson
<jari.williams... / mailbox.swipnet.se> wrote:
> In REXML, is it possible to add raw tags to element text, without having
> to add elements for those tags?
> (I would like to add a few HTML tags like <b></b> to strings, before I
> know what element nodes they will appear at.)

Are you wanting to ad XML elements as children of another without
using the DOM to create them (like setting .innerHTML in a web
browser, causing it to parse your string and create elements as
necessary),

or are you wanting to set the contents of a text node to have
characters that look like XML tags, but have it automatically escape
them for you?