-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 01:05:01 +0900
> Von: "John Wells" <lists / sourceillustrated.com>
> An: ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org
> Betreff: Re: Ruby to Perl translation

> On 11/23/07, Adrian Howard <adrianh / quietstars.com> wrote:
> > There's nothing like a Ruby->Perl compiler that I'm aware of. Which
> > bits of Ruby syntax are do you like most? It might be easier to pick
> > some useful modules (e.g. Moose for OO) and stick with Perl. It
> > doesn't have to look completely evil :)
>
> As long as we're wishing, it'd be nice to have it the other way
> around. Some many legacy perl scripts, so little time to care about
> perl anymore ;)

Is it true that Perl is written completely in C as Ruby is ?
Then, if you had an arbitrary, but fixed Perl script you wanted
to use in Ruby, if you could (possibly automatically) determine
what of the underlying C is actually used in that script, you could make that work as a C extension of Ruby, couldn't you ?

Best regards,

Axel

Then, to make these two work together (in Ruby or in Perl