On 20 Nov, 14:27, Bil Kleb <Bil.K... / NASA.gov> wrote:
> deltaquattrowrote:
> > Hi,
>
> Hi.

Hi, Bil,

sorry for not replying before to your very interesting post: I'm very
busy doing by hand all these marvelous things you do automatically
with Ruby :-) I'm astonished by the degree of automatization that you
reached with Ruby. Now I understand how it was possible that a U.S.
engineer at Boeing was able to 1) set up, 2) run, 3) postprocess a
complex CFD simulation and 4) write a detailed report, before I could
even get point 3) done for the same test case. Clearly he uses Ruby
(or Python :-)

> I've done at least 4 scientific papers with Ruby generated graphs,
> images, reports, and tables based on data in huge binary files.
> I've helped several other colleagues do the same.

This is great: your colleagues are very lucky to have you in their
team. May I ask you some more information on how you do this?
[..]

> > Which is easier to learn?
>
> Yes.

Pardon, I made a typo: I meant "Which one is easier to learn?". Do you
mean Ruby is easier to learn than Python?

> Regards,
> --
> Bil Klebhttp://fun3d.larc.nasa.govhttp://nasarb.rubyforge.org

Thanks for all the information: as soon as I have some more time I'd
like to contact you privately on the subject, if that's ok for you.
BTW, will you attend AIAA conference in Reno, in January?

Best regards,

deltaquattro