Axel Etzold <AEtzold / gmx.de> wrote:

> Yes, but that's not what I meant, as you can have different vectors
> mapped to the same vector under a matrix mapping.
> You'd have to check, whether, for a matrix m, the following holds:
>
> for each v that is an eigenvector to m, and each corresponding eigenvalue
> c (vectors and numbers as delivered by the software),
>
> m*v=c*v .

i did verify that, that' OK for two different matrices (a and b).
however those two matrices are different within a permutation which
normally (OK with GSL) i could find the permutation matrix p such that :

p * a * p^(-1) = b

this permutation matrix being computed by comparing an eigenvector of a
with the corresponding of b (same values different order) which i kind
find in case of ExtendMatrix...

--
Une Bue