On Nov 21, 2007, at 6:42 AM, Chris Lowis wrote:

>> I've done at least 4 scientific papers with Ruby generated graphs,
>> images, reports, and tables based on data in huge binary files.
>> I've helped several other colleagues do the same.
>
> I'd love to have some more information, or a little write-up off
> how you
> do some of these things, Bil. I'm currently trying to ween myself off
> Matlab for these tasks.
>
> Chris
> --

for plotting

http://tioga.rubyforge.org/

for huge binary files

http://narray.rubyforge.org/

for general purpose computing

http://rubyforge.org/projects/rb-gsl/

note that the last is the second largest, closely behind rails,
project on rubyforge.  it's very complete.

a @ http://codeforpeople.com/
better. simply reflect on that.
h.h. the 14th dalai lama