John Joyce wrote:
> AJAX is simply what the name implies:
> Asynchronous Javascript And Xml
> It means using Javascript for DOM scripting (changing the structure of
> the document or web page) and using Javascript to send xml requests to a
> remote location (the server the site comes from)
> That's it.
> You can implement AJAX with or without Rails.
> With or without Ruby.
> Ruby and AJAX are not aware of each other.
> Ruby is on the server responding to requests.
> Javascript and html are sent to the client.
> Javascript can send requests to the server.
>
> You can totally do this without Rails or Nitro or whatever.
> It is about serving pages with Javascript in them.
> Check out Scriptaculous, Prototype, Mochikit, etc...
This is true; however I understood the question to be asking whether
there were any Ruby frameworks that specifically help with the
server-side part of the equation.  Rails' integration with Scriptaculous
and Prototype is one example, but the OP mentioned that wasn't
appropriate.  I was attempting to provide an alternative - I understand
that Nitro's AJAX support is comparable.

--
Alex