This is one of the reasons I'm going to proceed with my Ruby/Eclipse
project.

Eclipse not only runs on Windows, Linux, and Macintosh, but they chose a
very unique UI design that uses native UI widgets on each platform to
maximize performance, expected behavior, and the expected look'n'feel on
each platform. This is on contrast to Java's Swing GUI library which
reimplements all GUI widgets completely in Java.

Curt