On Nov 20, 2007 5:21 AM, Tizian Taz <tazmaniack / gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, but now, how can I access for example the method Hello which this
> existing class inheritated from his mother-class?
>
> I ask this because "Status.Hello" doesn't work...
>
> Maybe I wasn't clear enough in my description :
>
> The classes that I want to call all exist but I don't want to make a
> huge amount of tests to know which I have to call. Tell me if I'm not
> clear :S

You can do this, and others are already helping. but...

Do you really have a firm requirement to use a string to represent the class.

Why not just:

   var = Status

  var.Hello

Classes in Ruby are objects and variables can be used to refer to them.

--
Rick DeNatale

My blog on Ruby
http://talklikeaduck.denhaven2.com/