On 20 Nov 2007, at 00:10, Une Bue wrote:

> Alex Gutteridge <alexg / kuicr.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:
>
>> igraph version 0.9.0 has been released!
>
> does it install successfully on Mac OS X 10.4.11 ???

I've released a new gem (0.9.1) which disables the file read/write
methods under OSX. This allows the rest of the library to compile and  unction correctly, but obviously isn't an ideal solution. In the
longer term I'll look into re-doing those functions so that they don't  se open_memstream and friends.

NB: Under 10.5 running on my PPC Powerbook I had to use:

sudo env ARCHFLAGS='-arch ppc' gem install igraph -t -- --with-igraph- nclude=/usr/local/include/igraph/

To get it to install (otherwise it tries to build a universal binary
that isn't compatible with my PPC igraph install), though under 10.4 I  on't think you'll need that and:

sudo gem install igraph -t -- --with-igraph-include=/usr/local/include/ graph/

Should be enough. Let me know if it still gives you problems and I'll  it it again.

Alex Gutteridge

Bioinformatics Center
Kyoto University