Yup, I'd not tested on OSX, but I'll get on it and see if there's a
better way to implement the read/write functions.

Until then Gabor's fix should work (though like he says you won't be
able to use the read/write methods): get the source from svn, remove
ext/cIGraph_file.c, run extconf.rb and make by hand to install.

AlexG

On 20 Nov 2007, at 07:00, csardi.gabor / gmail.com wrote:

> Une, maybe Alex has a better answer, but it seems that the Ruby igraph
> extension uses the open_memstream function, which is not available in
> OSX.
> A temporary solution would be to find open_memstream calls in the code
> and comment out functions which use it. This way you might lose some
> exporting functions, maybe all of them.
>
> Gabor
>
> On Nov 19, 4:10 pm, unbewusst.s... / weltanschauung.com.invalid (Une
> Bue) wrote:
>> Une Bue <unbewusst.s... / weltanschauung.com.invalid> wrote:
>>> because with :
>>
>> OOPS :

>> #! /usr/bin/env ruby
>>
>> require 'igraph'
>>
>>  g = IGraph::GenerateRandom.erdos_renyi_game(IGraph::ERDOS_RENYI_GNP,
>>                                              1000, 5.0/1000,
>>                                              false, false)
>>
>>  d = g.diameter(false,true).size-1
>>  puts "Diameter of a random graph with average degree 5: #{d}"

>> --
>> Une Bue

Alex Gutteridge

Bioinformatics Center