On Nov 18, 2007, at 11:10 AM, Ron Jeffries wrote:
> It may come to that but not clear it is file I/O. Yet. Would love to
> just get ruby runner to print out the test names as they go by ...

Again, perhaps I'm missing context, but something like this doesn't
work for you?

$ ~/src/publish/wevouchfor/test/unit 518 $ ruby user_test.rb --verbose
Loaded suite user_test
Started
test_should_authenticate_user(UserTest): EE
test_should_create_user(UserTest): EE
test_should_not_rehash_password(UserTest): EE
test_should_remember_me_default_two_weeks(UserTest): EE
test_should_remember_me_for_one_week(UserTest): EE

These are Rails unit tests. (They don't pass, because I just installed
Leopard and haven't installed MySQL yet.)

-----
Brian Marick, independent consultant
www.exampler.com, www.exampler.com/blog, twitter.com/marick