--------------enigF97EECC75B8A475E8C1EDA7E

Hello,

I can't confirm this behavior here on my Ubuntu 7.10 machine. But I had
some time ago similar problems with vi/vim on a server machine. I was
unable to use the backward delete key - I had all the time a beep. Don't
know if it has something to do with your problem but maybe you have to
search on a different place to solve it.

Janek

James Edward Gray II schrieb:
> I'm trying to track down a long standing issue with my IRb setup that i=
> very annoying.  To test, I've commented out everything in my .irbrc fil=
> and then loaded IRb with:
>=20
>   $ irb --readline
>=20
> Now, these steps show the problem:
>=20
> 1. Type:  "1 < 405"
> 2. Push the left arrow until your cursor is on the space before the 4 (=
5
> times)
> 3. Use a backward delete key to remove the <
> 4. Push the right arrow to move to the end of the line (5 times)
> 5. Try to type: "
>=20
> IRb ignores my typing at this point.  Can anyone else confirm that they=

> see this behavior?
>=20
> James Edward Gray II
>=20