On Nov 18, 2007, at 10:15 AM, Ron Jeffries wrote:

> Finished in 0.0 seconds.

> This must be some new kind of 0.0 seconds that I wasn't previously
> familiar with. Is this telling us that the /compile/ is taking all the
> time?
>
> Advice welcome ... thanks,

Like all the xUnits, the times are misleading because they don't
include overhead. It's the time spent actually running the tests:
since it ran zero tests, it took zero seconds.

I missed the beginning of the thread, but have you put some judicious
puts statements in the test/unit code? It's not hard to figure out
where things happen inside it, especially since it's a pretty standard
xUnit implementation. Something's almost gotta be reaching out and
getting a network timeout, and this should help you divide-and-conquer
your way to what.

-----
Brian Marick, independent consultant
www.exampler.com, www.exampler.com/blog, twitter.com/marick