On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 11:07:54 -0500, Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries / acm.org>
wrote:

>To find out what's happening, I've been trying to figure out how to
>make the test command
>
>  ruby runner.rb ruby
>
>trace which tests are running, thinking that since some of the dots
>take forever to come out and some come out quickly, that might be
>interesting information, and lead to some understanding of what is
>going on.
>
>sorry to be so ignorant, but what reformulation of that command would
>run the tests named "ruby" and display some test names instead of just
>dots?

As a side note perhaps of interest, this command

  >ruby runner.rb --verbose=v --name=ruby

which I typed in hoping that would run the ruby tests with more
information coming out, takes almost //four minutes// to run and then
reports

Loaded suite .
Started

Finished in 0.0 seconds.

This must be some new kind of 0.0 seconds that I wasn't previously
familiar with. Is this telling us that the /compile/ is taking all the
time?

Advice welcome ... thanks,

Ron Jeffries
www.XProgramming.com