FireAphis wrote:
> On Nov 18, 11:17 am, ulazar <ula... / XXXtin.it> wrote:
>> I would like to create an interface GUI with ruby. What I have to use? I
>> would like that the GUI could be used in win, osx and linux. Is there a
>> good interface builder?
>
> I had a similar question regarding which library to use. After talking
> to people and reading various posts and articles I reached a
> conclusion that I have to choose between Tk and GTK2. Tk+Ruby seems to
> have more resources on the web but GTK2+Ruby looks better and
> apparently is more easily customizable (custom drawn widgets was
> easier to create). I've personally chosen GTK2.
>
> Check this out:
> http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/hiki.cgi
>
> Regarding a good interface builder I have much less experience. I code
> the interface definitions myself.
>
> FireAphis

If I am to lazy to write it myself (particually a problem with C++... hehe) I
usually use QT Designer to create the GUI and make use of tools from qtruby to
convert it into Ruby code (rather then C++). Test it and when it's 'good
enough' I start work on prototyping the implementation code.

I like GTK+ programs but I have never used it for programming beyond tutorials
in C though. So I wouldn't know much about how GTK+ works with Ruby.

Cheers.

--

Email and shopping with the feelgood factor!
55% of income to good causes. http://www.ippimail.com