Phrogz wrote:
> On Nov 17, 8:03 am, venkat <ven... / nospam.com> wrote:
>> Is there a library/framework for scraping (web)?

Yeah.

I wrote a little article on this about a year ago, and I almost fell off
the chair when it was referenced in 'Learning Ruby' from O'Reilly.
It describes different web scraping possibilities in Ruby:

http://www.rubyrailways.com/data-extraction-for-web-20-screen-scraping-in-rubyrails

Since then I wrote a web scraping framework, scRUBYt! - based on the gem
download stats (nearly 8000) it's very popular. It's also very actively
developed and ... well enough self-advertisement, please read the
rubyrailways article and decide it for yourself :-)

Cheers,
Peter
___
http://www.rubyrailways.com