On Sat, Nov 17, 2007 at 07:01:08AM +0900, _why wrote:
> Maybe such things would be better suited with a super- but I like
> both English and Ruby for the ways you have a bit of... errr...
> poetic license, I guess.

Meta is a prefix of Greek origin[1].  The Latin would be ``post'', which
leads me to two thoughts.

* A ruby metaclass really is like a postclass, which is pretty neat.

* We're overusing prefixes like meta when so many options exist, such as
postclass, or what about panclass, hypoclass, or epiclass[2]?  I know,
there's eigenclass, but does that really clarify it for anyone?

Metaclass is already embedded in the culture, but I nonetheless
find this to be a useful way to reason about the concept and how it fits
into the language.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meta
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_prefixes