On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 00:26:06 -0500, Mohit Sindhwani
<mo_mail / onghu.com> wrote:

>I had sent a reply to Ron that seems to have got lost - so, I'll just do
>a reply to this email (since I've cleared the rest of the thread from my
>mailbox).

Didn't get it, sorry ...

>Ron, do you have any other version of Ruby installed on your PC?

No, ripped it off. Just one ruby.exe.

>Also, InstantRails has a command called use_ruby.cmd in the main
>directory.  Go to a console, go to your instant rails directory and run
>that first.  Then, try to do rails -v.
>
>I have 2 versions of Ruby on my PC (one's been left there since I
>installed WideStudio).
>
>If I don't run use_ruby.cmd first, Rails take 35 seconds to return a
>version.  After I do, it takes less than a second.

I believe when InstantRails launches a command prompt, it does the
use_ruby. All that does, actually, is add ruby and mysql to the path.
Ruby is already there, mySql isn't ... which I would think would make
some things not work at all, not work slowly.

Anyway, rails -v is 5 or 6 seconds even after use_ruby

<sigh/>

Ron Jeffries
www.XProgramming.com