Ok people, got it working.

Silly of me, trusting scaffolded code.
The generated views miss half of the contents.
It generates the links but not the code to actually display the data.

Looks like the scaffolder is not ready for prime time yet.



Three Diamonds wrote:
> Hello,
> 
> 
> I'm trying to make a new application using a legacy database.
> The table I'm testing on doesn't use rails conventions : the name is not
> pluralized and the primary key isn't named "id"
> 
> I created a new project using "rails test",
> I set my DB info in config/database.yml,
> I appended "ActiveRecord::Base.pluralize_table_names = false" to
> config\environment.rb,
> Run "ruby script\generate scaffold my_table my_table" which generated
> the usual files such as my_table_controller.rb and folders such as
> views\my_table,
> Run ruby script\server and went to http://localhost:3000/my_table to get
> a nice list.
> Fine.
> 
> The problem is that if I create a new project and do the same procedure
> using rails 1.99 it's first of all :
> _ complaining about scaffolding parameters, which is fixed using only
> one parameter instead of 2
> _ naming all related files using plurals (my_table_controller.rb becomes
> my_tables_controller.rb)
> 
> and finally when I try to access the list it throws me a " NoMethodError
> in My_table#index" error,
> "You have a nil object when you didn't expect it!
> You might have expected an instance of Array.
> The error occurred while evaluating nil.each"
> with the responsible line being "<% for my_table in @my_tables %>".
> 
> This nil error is easily fixed by making @my_tables singular but then
> the problem is that although the page gets displayed without errors the
> array is EMPTY. I've got the title saying "listing my_tables", the
> show,edit,destroy,new links and that's about it.
> 
> Checking the logs showed no error, the SQL query looks sane.
> 
> I know it's still a development version but if anyone had a remedy so I
> can finally start working on rails I'd be grateful.
> 
> Thanks !!

-- 
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.