Hi Robert and others,

We are trying to define a way of writing web services in ruby (Code
First approach). And we expect to keep it as simple as possible. In
order to do this we need to define some metadata that we can use to
generate a pleasant WSDL. This metadata may include things like
documentation and details about input and output Types. Note that ruby
is a Dynamic language whereas xml schema is not. And although a
parameter taken into a function could be of anyType in most cases it
operates on it assuming its of a certain type. And getting this
information into the WSDL matters in that case.

Assume that I have a function as follows,

def foo(bar, foobar)

  end

I need to get the information on the types expected by this function
across to the WSDL. I basically need a way to say that bar is a String
and foobar is an integer. This is where the matadata that I'm talking
about comes into play.

It will be nice if the Ruby community can help us figure out a nice
rubish way of doing this. The most important thing is that I want this
all to fit in with ruby people so this should look rubish as much as
possible.

Once we get this done we have more cool stuff in mind...

Thanks,
Keith.