On 11/13/07, Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries / acm.org> wrote:
> Chet and I installed Instant Rails on our laptops. My laptop is faster
> than his and has more memory. But his rails is working and mine is
> infinitely slow. I'll dump what I know here in hopes that something in
> it is helpful. Looking for ideas and things to try.

Hey Ron, I'm not too familiar with Rails on Windows but have heard
similar reports of extreme slowness, none with a definitive
resolution.

One mention suggests checking that the RUBYOPT environment variable is
set to '-rubygems' not 'rubygems' (no hyphen), but that may be
grasping at straws.

You could also check out one of the Rails IDEs, like RadRails,
Netbeans, Idea, Komodo, etc, or try jruby :)

You can also ask the folks on the Rails mailing list:
http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk

Best,
jeremy