On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 23:22:29 -0500, Mohit Sindhwani
<mo_mail / onghu.com> wrote:

>Are you on XP or Vista?  Do you have an aggressive virus scanner than
>scans every file each time it is accessed?  You may need to look for a
>way to disable scanning on the InstantRails directory.

I'm on XP. I don't think McAfee is that aggressive but I will check.
I'd have thought that other things would be just as slow if that were
the case though. I'll report back if I find anything. Probably not
tonight.

>Rails on Windows is slow - but not that bad (obviously).

Right ... it works just fine on Chet's machine.

Thanks,

Ron Jeffries
www.XProgramming.com