Kyle Schmitt wrote:
> So, you want to make ruby an "Enterprise" language?
>
> *  Start a consultancy offering packaged and to order ruby solutions,
> hefty support contracts, and contractors you can hire out.

I think there are some of these -- at least for Rails, if not for
"general Ruby programming", whatever that is.

> *  Become an established contractor (yes it takes time, no it's not
> overnight), and start offering or nudging clients into ruby
> applications.

I'd say, don't nudge. Define your niche as Ruby programming and let
other people do the other languages.

> *  Write some killer business app in ruby.  Maybe a financial/supply
> chain/delivery resource management system that small to medium
> companies can actually afford.

Again, I'm going to say "niche". You need a narrower focus than "small
to medium companies".

> *  Make a startup company that uses ruby exclusively, and be mega
> successful.  Make billions of dollars and advertise that you use ruby.
>  And hire me for a modest (8 figure) salary  if I haven't don't have
> my own mega successful startup at that point ;)

Well ... either that or sell out and cry as your elegant Ruby solution
gets rewritten in C++ or Java. :)

Just kidding ... nobody can actually *write* C++ code!