Peter Szinek wrote:
>> Hey how's that one :-)
>
> http://www.google.com/search?q=microsoft+support+helicopter+joke
>
> 1st link:
>
> http://www.bastichlabz.org/~tigger/TechHumor/mshelicopter.txt

I only knew this variant:

A manager and an engineer

A man is flying in a hot air balloon and realizes he is lost. He reduces
height and spots a man down below. He lowers the balloon further and
shouts: "Excuse me, can you help me? I promised my friend I would meet
him half an hour ago, but I don't know where I am."

The man below says: "Yes. You are in a hot air balloon, hovering
approximately 30 feet above this field. You are between 40 and 42
degrees N. latitude, and between 58 and 60 degrees W. longitude."

"You must be an engineer" says the balloonist.

"I am" replies the man. "How did you know?"

"Well" says the balloonist, "everything you have told me is technically
correct, but I have no idea what to make of your information, and the
fact is I am still lost."

The man below says "You must be a manager."

"I am" replies the balloonist, "but how did you know?"

"Well", says the man, "you don't know where you are, or where you are
going. You have made a promise which you have no idea how to keep, and
you expect me to solve your problem. The fact is you are in the exact
same position you were in before we met, but now it is somehow my fault."

For some readers on this mailing list this might be a familiar situation...

--
Florian Frank