On Nov 12, 2007 7:56 AM, James Edward Gray II <james / grayproductions.net> wrote:
> That little challenge made me wish for some Ruby 1.9 elements, like
> an ordered Hash.
>
> James Edward Gray II

I've been wondering what the real usefulness of an ordered hash is.
Lately I've found that when I initially think of an ordered hash I
really want one of the following constructs

(1) An array of pairs
(2) A hash with multiple keys for a value.

For (2) I have implemented the second as method of hash like this:
Hash.multiple_keys([1,'str',some_object]=>'a string',[valu]=>another_object)
#=>{1=>'a string','str'=>'a
string',valu=>another_object,some_object=>'a string'}

What I really want to know is, is there some usefulness to ordered
pairs I am missing?

Daniel Brumbaugh Keeney