Le 13 novembre 2007 14:49, Nicolas Couturier a ˝─rit :

> trying to use ruby (1.8.6) and activerecord(1.15.3) with oci adapter.
> Tried this code :

>     :username => "scott",
> I googled a bit and found that i should try to add that to the Credit
> class :
> connection.execute('alter session set current_schema=DCFPROD')
>
> Got that :
> OCIError: ORA-01435: user does not exist: alter session set

In Oracle speak, each user has his own schema.  You should try :

connection.execute('alter session set current_schema=scott')

(Now, maybe you should create you own user and use that here, as well as
in the username to connect with.)

Fred
--
What do you mean?  A handgun is a standard tool for a sysadmin, isn't
it?                                      (Kurt M. Hockenbury in the SDM)