On Nov 13, 1:03 pm, Robert Dober <robert.do... / gmail.com> wrote:
> I believe Object#as is a nice idea, I might even use it with your permiss=
ion;)
> However there is no need to make all that fuss about people who do not
> agree, it is their choice and I feel that you kind of kill a nice
> threat.
> Just my 0.02=80

There is nothing wrong with disagreement --- but one has to understand
the issue on the table before taking a position.  The difficult part
of the thread was that James insisted he disagreed with me when he
clearly didn't understand what I was saying, as especially the last
few posts show.

Also, an example is meant to illustrate a point, and it is difficult
when a person focuses on irrelevant parts of the example instead of
asking what the example is meant to illustrate.  My remark about
pedantry was not meant as derogatory but descriptive: "adj. overly
concerned with minute details or formalisms."  That is exactly what
was happening --- the forest for the trees.

Perhaps one of my character flaws is my high tolerance for technical
exchanges in really trying to nail down the issues and to clarify the
arguments: at times I keep going while others see it as excessive or
diminutive.  It is very hard for me to allow misunderstandings to be
applied toward a position of agreement or disagreement.

I apologize again --- I was not feeling spiteful or malicious in this
exchange, contrary to what it may have appeared like.  It is just my
obsessive nature.  Cheers to all, and to all a good night.

--FC