def list base_dir, prefix
  Dir.foreach(base_dir){|file|
    if (file.eql? "." or file.eql? "..")
      puts "break dosent work either"
      break
    end

    # this if is the only solution i found, but its ugly.
    if !(file.eql? "." or file.eql? "..")
      puts "Got #{prefix+file.gsub(/.java$/,"")}" if file =~ /.*\.java$/
      full_name = base_dir+"/"+file
      if(File.directory?(full_name))
        list full_name, prefix+file+"."
  }
end

list "c:/java/", ""

break not only exited the block but also prevented execution with the
next file in the directory, break actually broke the foreach loop
entirely, I just wanted something like continue :)
please advise.

I am trying to recurse all directories and find certain type of files.