Hi folks. I've got a simple Kernel.system call which is failing:

system('svn', 'commit', '-q', '--non-interactive', '--message', 'File updated by dball', 'reports/2007-11-11.txt')

with exit code 256. When I run this from the command line, wrapping the final two parameters in double quotes, it runs fine. Any suggestions for what I may be doing wrong or where to look for debugging inspiration?

I'm on a win32 box, fwiw, running ruby-1.8.5. Do I need to be manually quoting the parameters to system? (Docs and previous experience suggest not, but I've been wrong before.)

- donald