In my Ruby monitoring framework, god, I have the ability to load
configuration files into an already running god instance. This allows
the user to create new watches without having to restart god. There is a
problem, however, if the config file to be loaded requires a gem that
was installed *after* god was started. The rubygems system discovers and
caches the available gems when it is initially required, ignoring any
gems that are installed after that.

I have not been able to find an easy way to have rubygems reload its
cache of available gems from a running Ruby program. Does anyone know of
a decent way to accomplish this?

--
Tom Preston-Werner

* Libraries: