On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 08:00:45 -0500, Trans wrote:

> It is possible in a round about way. In Ruby, methods are not first
> class objects. (Though to go with Ruby's 100% OOP mantra you would
> think they would be, but in any case...) You can make them behave as
> such for the most part if you want.

Trans, you know I love your work, babe, but you've given a "Microsoft tech
support talking to the guy in the helicopter" answer (or whatever your
favorite version of that joke is).

Yes, you've just created a method on a method, but the fact that it happens
to return the word "String" doesn't tell the guy anything prescriptive
about the return type.  You could just as easily return "purple", but it
doesn't mean the result will be purple.

--
Jay Levitt                |
Boston, MA                | My character doesn't like it when they