On Nov 8, 1:27 pm, James Britt <james.br... / gmail.com> wrote:
> Junkone wrote:
> > how can i invoke rails model objects from other non rails ruby
> > objects. do i have to do a require '<railsobject>' or is there a way i
> > can refernce rails enviorument from ruby.
>
> Browse around for past messages on using ActiveRecord apart from the
> rest of Rails.
>
> I've not done it, but it's doable.
>
> --
> James Britt
>
> "I can see them saying something like 'OMG Three Wizards Awesome'"
>    - billinboston, on reddit.com

Unfortunately this is the error that i get uninitialized constant
ActiveRecord

irb(main):010:0> require  'E:\Trad\app\models\rawdata.rb'
NameError: uninitialized constant ActiveRecord
        from e:\Trad\app\models\rawdata.rb:1
        from e:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:
27:in `ge
m_original_require'
        from e:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:
27:in `re
quire'
        from (irb):10