On 11/6/07, Roger Pack <rogerpack2005 / gmail.com> wrote:
> > Take care.
> > -Roger
>
> I wish... that Range.to_a wouldn't become obselete, as it seems quite useful
> in rails!

Assuming you mean Range#to_a (i.e. an instance rather that class
method)  I don't think it's becoming obsolete.

There was talk some time ago when Matz changed 1.9 to use to_splat
instead of to_a that ranges wouldn't be splatted, e.g.

In 1.8 this sets a to [1,2,3] whereas at one time in 1.9 it was to
have set it to [(1..3)].

But testing with a fairly recent irb1.9 this seems to be one of the
changes which has been backed out of 1.9.

--
Rick DeNatale

My blog on Ruby
http://talklikeaduck.denhaven2.com/