"Johan Holmberg" <holmberg / iar.se> wrote in message
news:Pine.GSO.4.33.0112061836370.23657-100000 / pjakkur.iar.se...

> Recently there has been talk of using Visual C++ (or another "native"
> compiler) for the Win32 version of Ruby. I suppose things like this
> has to be dealt with before  Ruby can be used seriously on Win32
> (and I very much want that to happen).

Lets just get it out - the sooner it is released the sooner the problems
will be isolated and fixed.
Contrary to Cygwin it is just a matter of moving some lines of code once the
problem is understood - as you have just demonstrated.

Perhaps the first version should be released in parallel with cygwin if it
is not to much work for Andy, and if it is for 1.8.0.
Otherwise an additional 1.6.5 release for native Win32 would be good for
testing.

MikkelFJ