------art_25224_22306238.1194303192748

On 11/5/07, Tj Superfly <nonstickglue / verizon.net> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I've created a program that will run and update the array storing the
> information within that program. When the program is over, I would like
> the file to save, so th next time I run it, the same information is in
> the array and it will be able to start back where it left off; if that
> makes sense.
>
> I've tried google-ing it, but can't find any helpful information.
> --

Try googling "ruby serialization" that will give you more information on the
topic.  The two main classes you want to look at are Marshal and YAML.

Brief synopsis:
Marshal is fast, but unreadable, and is not guaranteed to work across
different versions of ruby.

YAML is human readable, works across all versions of ruby and even other
programming languages that support it.

Michael Guterl

------art_25224_22306238.1194303192748--