oga_emmanuel_oga / yahoo.com.ar wrote:
> Hi! I'm needing a good drawing solution for ruby. All the present
> options are ugly IMHO, because require a very big framework to work
> (cairo needs GTK bindings for ruby for working out of the box in
> windows, don't know how it is on linux). ImageMagick seems to be hated
> by rubyists everywhere, due to some memory leaks or something....
>
> I found a very criptic reference to a ruby bindings for antigrain in
> this 2005 "nostalgia" post :) :
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.ruby/browse_thread/thread/35c2f61d29e94550/28b32a50948920ba
>
> Does anybody know if there any news about antigrain bindings for ruby?
>
> Thanks!ยช

This might sound as crazy suggestion, but you might as well generate SVG
from Ruby quite easily. Depending on what you are planning to do, this
approach might or might not have some interesting benefits - like the
option of having some interactivity in a web browser. I'm not sure if
there are "off-the-shelf" libraries to do this right now, but SVG should
not be that difficult. You can easily convert SVG to anything else later.

HTH,

Jakub