Hello, this is my first post here, so first i would like to thanks all
the people who works for this site.

Well, i'm trying to set up a little script that should delete all the
files in a given drectory; the system should work like this:
-I have the name and the path of file = "/Users.....file1"
-from file, i should get the directory (I've used File.dirname(file))
-from that directory, i should delete all files and sub directories
except from  the given file (in this case, file1)

I'm making confusion when i try to iterare on the files and irectory in
that folder, and i'm scared to make test of deleting files in the system

Oscar