> Kevin wrote:
> >Does anyone know of a good hosting service that supports Ruby and MySQL?

I might as well toss my hat into the pool too.  The quick rundown on
the hosting I provide: colo facility is hooked up to a dark fiber
ring, I currently have a BIG-IP
(http://www.bigip.com/f5products/bigip/localha_plus/index.html) that I
use for load balancing if a site grows beyond a single server.  It
also provides a huge layer of security in that all servers and
services are in a private network (ie: remote service exploits don't
work because they're not available on the internet).

Kerberos is installed and is an integral part of multi-server setups
on the inside of the network.  SNMP polling and MRTG are used for
services monitoring and trending for both sites, and servers (RAM,
CPU, bandwidth, traffic, etc).

Email setup uses POP3, POP3-SSL, IMAP, IMAP-SSL, maildrop, postfix,
mutt and and any other number of mail clients that you'd like me to
have installed.  All services are monitored 24/7 w/ at least two
people on call at all times.  Server colo'ing is available at very
reasonable rates.

As for editors, all servers have emacs, xemacs, ruby-mode.el, X11
forwarding, and vim+ruby.  Other misc software can be setup and
installed with a simple bug report submission.  Ruby is kept up to
date as well as mod_ruby and eRuby (typically upgraded within a day of
the latest stable snapshot).

MySQL is installed and maintaned, but is upgraded less frequently than
Ruby because database downtime is avoided at all costs.  If you're a
PostgreSQL fan, it is also installed and available (is even the
preferred database, but that's a personal and technical preference).

Reverse DNS and forward DNS are managed locally so there's no upstream
provider that you have to worry about.  VirtualHost services are
HTTP/1.0 (have your own IP) and can be configured with SSL support.
Send email to sales / serverninjas.com to inquire about other software,
features, and prices.

> Personally, I am planning to get into Ruby in a bug way, but I am
> still a newbie. So, I would be willing to give free server space to
> anyone who wanted to volunteer to setup and maintain the ruby server
> extensions.
>
> Anyone interested?

I can maintain ruby extensions for 'ya and will upgrade them w/o you
having to ask.  ;~) -sc

PS I PHP and mod_perl are also installed for those quick hacks that
you can't resist doing in other languages and existing software
packages.

--
Sean Chittenden