On Nov 1, 10:38 pm, "ara.t.howard" <ara.t.how... / gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 1, 2007, at 6:18 PM, Trans wrote:
>
> > Is there any way to ask a file what other file require/load 'd it? I
> > imagine this has been asked before but I couldnt seem to find good
> > terms to search for it.
>
> cfp:~ > cat a.rb
> p Kernel.requiree('main')
>
> require 'b'
>
> p Kernel.requiree('main')
>
> BEGIN {
>    module Kernel
>      h = Hash.new
>      define_method(:requiree) do |of|
>        h[of]
>      end
>
>      r = method :require
>      define_method(:require) do |*a|
>        r.call *a
>        h[a.first] = caller
>      end
>    end
>
> }

Doh! Of course!

Thanks Ara, that allowed me to figure it out.

Turns out using 'load' to load the test rather then passing it
straight to the ruby command, for some reason, gives test/unit the
idea that it should go out and hunt for every file it can find with a
test in it, including the copies in pkg/. That seems nuts me, but now
I recall having to specify some parameter to reign test/unit in before
--don't recall off hand what it was though. I'll have to track that
down. In any case

  test_files.each do |file|
    sh %{ruby -e #{file} >> #{output}}
  end