> Should have at least a chat box, maybe even
> voice, maybe even webcam.

The problem with chat is that it removes the personal element form pair
programming. Visual and audio cues are very important in communicating.
In our project we have found that chat is good for doing tech
discussions with the group but not good for pair programming. We use
telephones and VCN or Netmeeting to share the desktop. I think that the
best setup is to have the webcam and voice mandatory for pair
programming and reserve the chat box for being connected with the rest
of the group while the different pairs programs.

Integration with CVS would also be nice.

-H