From: Austin Ziegler [mailto:halostatue / gmail.com]
# On 10/30/07, Gerardo Santana Gez Garrido
# http://www.goodbyehelicopter.com/2007/10/30/fwiw-my-ruby-logo-
# submissions/
#
# Oddly enough, I thought all of the ones on that page, well, sucked.
# They were boring.

oddly, we differ. i think they were better.. the old ruby logo in ruby-lang is better too..

# I can't say that the chosen logo "turns me on", but I think it can be
# cleaned up; maybe with a few more black lines to darken the gem;
# possibly wash out the red/orange background gradient.

i suggest we remove all those fill colors and all text. ie we start with the plain outline, the sliced gem and the box. if we do not like the outlined result, then it's really not what we want. but looking at it now, i guess a plain smoothed outline is not bad (in fact i may be happy even without those colors :)) can anyone experiment on this, pls?

# But I don't think it's a *bad* logo at all, and it's certainly better
# than some of the Web 2.0 style logos that I've seen touted as
# "better".

along the lines w this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logo

kind regards -botp