2007/10/30, Marc Heiler <shevegen / linuxmail.org>:
> I just looked at the Python logo
> http://www.python.org/images/python-logo.gif too, to compare.
>
> It looks somewhat okay, but also a bit like a company's site logo ...
> And didnt Python have a logo-snake in the past? It looked not good, but
> python did put a lot of emphasis on "FUN" ... the new webpage looks more
> professional, but less "fun"... Anyway that is just my opinion.
>
> (Btw that Python logo has a TM notice while the ruby logo has not, maybe
> thats also a different philosophy behind a language? *grin*)
>
> PS: I actually like the proposed logo. If there is only one aspect I
> could change, maybe I would try to make it more crisp/sharper, but I
> side on the people that like the logo anyway so it aint important for
> me. ;)
>
> PSS: I will put the "official" one on my webpage as link to the ruby
> site too :D

Here are better ones:
http://www.goodbyehelicopter.com/2007/10/30/fwiw-my-ruby-logo-submissions/

It's funny that you didn't mention Perl, or PHP.

Perl's is not precisely a great logo either. But everybody associates
the camel (and not a pearl) with Perl (after "the Camel" book), so it
works great for Perl, and therefore it's a great logo (oops, reductio
ad absurdum? :)

PHP's, well, it's simple and does the job. I wonder how it got chosen.
It reminds me the first logo in the URL above.
--
Gerardo Santana